Facts & Figures
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Cancer Among American Indians and Alaska Natives
American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) in the United States have unique cancer patterns due to their history and culture, where they live, and how they get health care.
- Causes of Death Among American Indians and Alaska Natives
CDC’s Division of Cancer Prevention and Control sponsored a supplemental issue of the American Journal of Public Health about the leading causes of death among American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) populations.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Cancer For Native Americans and Alaska Natives
Cancer is the name for diseases that happen when cells—the normalsmall units that make up the human body—start to grow too fast in an unhealthy way.
- American Cancer Society Facts & Figures 2022
Cancer Facts & Figures 2022 is an educational companion for Cancer Statistics 2022, a scientific paper published in the American Cancer Society journal, CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians.
American Indian Cancer Foundation
- American Indian Cancer Facts
American Indians face alarming inequities in cancer incidence and mortality. Cancer incidence rates vary by tribe, region and gender but are often much higher than Whites.